I'm exhausted. Really. My body aches.
I didn't end up going out on Wednesday night either since I had a test on Thursday. Thursday of course we had our exam, and we had Renaissance class and then Jordan and I went to the gardens and read there and we explored the Pitti Palace. I'm even more in love with the place now that I've seen the inside of it. I really want to own in someday.
Thursday night was also uneventful - after dinner I just read a little and then went to bed. I have already finished Chasing Harry Winston and Deception Point - about to start the Kite Runner. I am really excited about it, it should be a good book.
Yesterday we went to Brolio, which is this castle somewhere in the middle of Chianti in Tuscany. Except we got there and IT WAS CLOSED FOR A CONVENTION. It was so funny. So we just walked up to this other castle and then went to our other destination - Vallombrosa - early. Vallombrosa is a state park and some of us went hiking for like three hours to the top of the mountain. Hence why my body hurts. It was amazing though - but it got kind of cold up there haha. Then we still had time to kill so I slept on the bus a little (sort of) and then Ciccarelli treated us all to some coffee/snacks at the bar by Vallombrosa.
Afterwards we went to dinner, which was good, but not great. They gave us less wine that usual, which was definitely quite lame. Today, we went to Milan. Looked at the Duomo, all the fancy designer shops, and bought only one things. It wasn't a very eventful day. I definitely learned that although train conductors have been extremely lenient in the past and are lenient to other people, this is my time of bad luck. I had the ticket for the wrong day on the way back since originally I had planned on coming back tomorrow. So did Ian. I had to pay 76 freaking euro for my ticket and a fine, while Ian had to pay nothing since the train guy didn't even look at the date on his.
In the past, other people have had tickets for the wrong day and we haven't had stuff validated, but to this day, no one has had to pay 76 euro for this kind of stuff.
Ugh.
Saturday, June 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment