Tuesday, May 19, 2009

May 19, 2009


Part of our festivities of the evening last night!

Buongiorno!

Yesterday was Monday - which meant back to classes. But the good thing is we only have Italian on Mondays, so it eased me into the week. It was a good day - we got lunch early because we were starving but then we got gypped by this gelato man - I kept asking him for a small cone but he gave me a large one and I ended up having to pay 9 freaking euro for a gelato. I am not having gelato for the rest of the week!

Then Jordan and I walked around and went shopping. We went to this little market, where there is a boar fountain. And you're supposed to put a coin in the mouth of the boar, make a wish while rubbing its snout, and then let go of the coin so that it falls into the grate. And if it does, your wish will come true. I made the same wish that I did at the Trevi fountain.

BUT then, these french people tried to ask us what we were doing while we were wishing and we ended up having a conversation in 4 languages. Jordan knew Spanish, I knew French, they knew both Spanish and French, but we kept getting confused since we're learning Italian. So I explained in French, she took over in Spanish, we kept putting in Italian words AND we talked to each other in English and were speaking in English to the couple when we couldn't come up with any words. It was so chaotic, but so so funny.

Then, we were just walking when I saw a camera store, and so I ended up buying a camera and I AM SO EXCITED. It's a Kodak easyshare like my old one, but its nicer because its 10.2 megapixels and it has a chargeable battery and its black and sleek and pretty and I love it.

Then we sat around and facebooked for HOURS. Then dinner and then some drinking games on the terrace. I think the most wonderful thing about Florence is the weather lately. It is lows in the high 60s, and highs in the high 80s, and even upto the 90s. Today after Italian class and after Renaissance class I ate a sandwich with lettuce and tomato and cheese on it. It was SO good because its the first time I have been able to actually eat vegetables in a while. Otherwise its been fatty food galore with calzones and pizza. I spent the afternoon getting a mega tan on the terrace, and now I'm in my room hanging out!

I'll write again later tonight, life is so good.
I'm going to Pisa and Venice this weekend - should be amazing!!

I <3>

No comments:

Post a Comment