Wednesday, May 20, 2009

May 20, 2009

So yesterday we found the cutest little american bookstore down the street from our hotel and I think I am absolutely in love. You can buy a used book for anywhere from .25 euro to 5 euro, and then return it when you're done and get like half your money back - which you can use towards store credit, so you can get another book. I'm on book three already, I have read so far

1) Confessions of a Shopaholic
2) Shopaholic takes Manhattan

Now I'm starting the Devil Wears Prada. But to keep myself a little classy and not just read fluff, I also started the Adventures of Tom Sawyer.

Yesterday afternoon I spent the day mostly reading, taking a nap, and then reading some more. Dinner was delicious - we got rice instead of pasta for once and I was very pleased. After dinner I read some more. Today Italiano was boring because we had to review for our test tomorrow. For culture class we went to this chapel that is apparently really important for the Renaissance. I couldn't make myself pay attention - but THEN a great thing happened. Professor Ciacarelli took us all out for gelato and paid for it. This place had the best flavors - nutella, chocolate, cookies, chocolate mousse, cheesecake, banana, etc. Basically anything a girl could want in ice cream.

I have spent my afternoon reading, facebooking, and of course, more reading. Dinner was good again - they finally stopped giving me five hunks of (bland) mozzarella cheese just because I'm a vegetarian. It's a nice change. I have been studying since after dinner, but also I've been listening to music and Jordan and I have been chatting, so I haven't really studied much.

We discovered today that procrastinating is actually a good thing, because so far on this trip, those who have procrastinated have come out better than those who haven't.

Example one: Jordan got her cell phone beforehand, and now I got a way better deal.
Example two: I got my train tickets beforehand, and now I am suffering because I cannot get them changed at all.

I should study, ciao!

PS - The novelty of taking pictures during the week has gone away since I now actually live here, but I'll take pictures in Pisa and Venice this weekend! Also I'm doing a pub crawl on Friday - it should be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment