Tuesday, May 26, 2009

May 26, 2009


Monday night at I Visacci!

The past day and a half have been so much fun. Sunday after we got back we were pretty exhausted so we just spent the evening recovering and stuff. Florence is so weirdly my home now, but I love it. Whenever we take trips out somewhere, we always talk about going back home to our beds and our computers, even though we live in what is essentially a dorm room. I love my roomie and this place though - I can't believe I'm on week three!

Yesterday my sister and Nancy showed up in Florence and I was so excited! After Italian class we just hung out and had lunch and then I met up with them. We shopped around, came back to Hotel Villani, got some money, walked around, looked at their photos, uploaded their photos, went and saw some of the sights, and just chilled. I got back in time for dinner, and after dinner we all got ready and went out!

It was a lot of fun. We started at i vissaci, then headed to the Fish Pub, then to Lion's Fountain, and finally to Yab, which was this hopping club. It was definitely a good night.

Except waking up in the morning for class kind of sucks. We had Italian only for like an hour today and then Renaissance class wasn't too bad. Professor Ciacarelli told us some good news - we don't actually have a midterm on Thursday. Instead, we're all going to sit around and "chat" about what we've learned so far. Basically, I love that man.

Today will be chill - lunch, shopping, napping, then going out to dinner, and then working on our prova orale for Italian tomorrow. This week is going by fast, and this weekend will be a lot of fun. We're doing Assisi and Cinque Terre, so we'll see some culture, and then we'll just beach it up and soak in the view and even hike a little.

I love Florence.

No comments:

Post a Comment