Gondola!
Hi! I got back from Venice today and it was really fun!
The Irish pub crawl that I talked about earlier was very entertaining and a great deal. You pay 15 euro, and then you get unlimited sangria at the first bar, go to two more bars, and then go to Space Club, which is a "discotheca" in Florence. We ended up having so much fun, but we got creeped on a lot too haha.
Saturday we woke up late and went and bought a straightener since all my converters and adapters and voltage thingies broke AND my straightener won't work anymore. We got a pretty good deal, I'm pleased with the purchase.
We got to Venice around 5 pm and checked into our hostel - RIGHT ON THE FREAKING GRAND CANAL. I looked out of my window, and I see the canal. It was amazing. Also, there were two very attractive guys in my room, which was kind of a plus. Lol. That night we took a gondola ride and walked around Venice and found the boardwalk. Then we had dinner at this cute little place in Campo Santa Margherita and sat at dinner for a long time. We got ice cream on the boardwalk - at one of the most famous gelato places in Venice. Then back to Campo Santa Margherita for drinks (Happy Hour = Buy 2, get 1 free)
While we were walking around, we got accosted by a drunk British stranger who
1) Picked on Ian and told him he would get robbed because of his American accent
2) Asked me for directions and asked me to put my number on MY map for him
3) Said some other inappropriate things that cannot be said here - ask me and I'll tell you
Sunday we ended up seeing Piazza San Marco and shopped a lot and read in the garden in Venice too. It was a nice, relaxing weekend. We took the Eurostar back, but I didn't think it was all that it was cracked up to be.
Now I'm back in Florence, I uploaded photos, and I need to shower because I feel so icky. ALSO, I am sad because I can't find my spare contacts anywhere, and it sort of freaks me out a little.
Bye!
No comments:
Post a Comment