Thursday, May 28, 2009

May 28, 2009


Boboli Gardens!

Ciao ragazzi!

Tuesday was a good day - we just shopped till we dropped (basically). Ended up eating dinner at the hotel instead of going out because we were so so full from lunch. And then we were really lame and went to bed kind of early. I still don't feel like I've caught up on sleep from Monday night, which is not that great.

Yesterday! We finally had our oral exam and I think it went pretty well. I forgot to bring my props to school though, which made it kind of sad. Also, we screwed up, which was not that great either. HA. That's ok though, I love italiano. After that I met up with my sister around 1, and we hung out in the Duomo and then on this bench right outside Paperback Exchange and we walked around and ran some errands.

Then Nancy came and me, Suhas, Nancy, and Jordan went to get gelato from our favorite gelato place (La Carraia) and went to the Boboli Gardens. They were pretty, mostly. I have decided that I want to build myself a palace with gardens SO badly. Or I just want to be rich enough that I can buy the Pitti Palace in Florence and just move in. (The Boboli Gardens are part of the Pitti Palace.)

We shopped a little afterward and then came back and looked up the gardens online, only to find that we'd completely missed like 3/4ths of the gardens. SO we're going to have to go back at some point and explore the rest. We thought we were doing a good job too - we'd found some pretty cool secret nooks and crannies. Oh well, I guess I'll never be Christopher Columbus or Amerigo Vespucci.

Then we went out to dinner at Il Gatto e La Volpe and it was SO good. I've decided I'm going to stop ordering two courses at places because I literally barely finished my first course and could not eat my second. I was so so so so full. PLUS SIDE - didn't have to get lunch today haha. I loved having my sister here, and it was super nice to see her. After dinner they left to go back since they were leaving for France this morning and we came back to study for our exam.

I didn't study AT ALL. Oh well.

Today I finished Marshmallows for Breakfast. I'm starting my sixth book of the summer today, I hope it's good. I gave up on reading the classics. I'm going to start on reading Oprah Book Club Books, News York Times Bestsellers, and Bestsellers from Amazon.com.

I also did nothing all day, until we ate dinner and went for a little walk. Now i'm probably just going to read for two hours and then go to bed. This is the life.

No comments:

Post a Comment