Friday, May 22, 2009

May 21, 2009


Karaoke at Lion's Fountain!


Girls pregaming tonight!

Ciao! It's technically May 22 here, but its May 21 at home and its barely May 22, so I think this counts.

I tried to study hardcore for my exam for last night, but I really just ended up facebooking all night after dinner and only sort of studying. This morning we had another surprise Renaissance class. Apparently "classes on Tuesday and Wednesday" means Thursday as well, because we also have Renaissance class next Thursday, when we have a quiz.

Today was really nice though. We had Renaissance and l'italiano switched, so we went to this pretty museum early in the day (Museo San Marco) and then we went to class - and we had it at the hotel today, so we didn't have to walk all the way to the institute we usually go to. Had lunch at some place called Forno (which isn't as good at Cuicollo, which is one of my favorite food places here) and then we shopped. Except shopping was a fail for two reasons:

1) We couldn't find the cute boutique that I SWEAR we saw yesterday on our way to the chapel.
2) We got to this awesome market at one - just as it was closing. So we'll have to go back on Monday I think.

So we went and got the best gelato in the world and then GASP! I actually did the reading for Renaissance class. I'm all caught up, so as long as I read what I'm supposed to read every week now, it should be really easy. I didn't get time to read my books today, which was a little sad, but I'm glad I got caught up on school. Dinner was good - we had penne pasta. After dinner we went on a walk and replenished some of our drink supplies since they were running low and then we got ready and hung out on the terrace.

We ended up going to the Lion's Fountain, which is a cute little Irish pub. Jordan and I sang karaoke, but we ended up coming back early because we were sleepy and we have to get on a train to Pisa tomorrow. I'll update after Pisa and before Venice since we're only spending an afternoon in Pisa. (There isn't much to do there!)

ALSO - creepy thing that happened. This one shop owner that we accidentally bumped into one time (who was in love with Jordan) bicycled past us on our way back home from the Lion's Fountain and he pretended to ask us directions to somewhere in Italian. We know enough Italian not to be fooled - but it was so shady that he knew obviously who we were and we recognized him, but he still pretended like he didn't remember us. Then he just apologized cuz he thought we were italiani but really we were americani. It was sooo creepy because he already knew we were American and was just pretending. But I guess I've learned that all Italian men are creepy.

Lol that's all for the day! Arrividerci!

No comments:

Post a Comment